Tori Amos has revealed details of her forthcoming new album Native Invader – to be released on Decca Records on 8 September – and world tour, which includes a performance at Manchester Palace Theatre for one night only on Thursday 5 October with tickets going on sale on Friday 28 April at 9am.
Speaking of the new album, Tori Amos says: “The songs on ‘Native Invader’ are being pushed by the Muses to find different ways of facing unforeseen challenges and in some cases dangerous conflicts. The record looks to Nature and how, through resilience, she heals herself The songs also wrestle with the question: what is our part in the destruction of our land, as well as ourselves, and in our relationships with each other?
In life there can be the shock of unexpected fires, floods, earthquakes, or any cataclysmic ravager – both on the inside and outside of our minds. Sonically and visually, I wanted to look at how Nature creates with her opposing forces, becoming the ultimate regenerator through her cycles of death and re-birth. Time and time again she is able to renew, can we find this renewal for ourselves?”
Native Invader is Tori’s 15th studio album, following on from 2014’s Unrepentant Geraldines – her 8th Billboard Top 10 album. This will be her first release on Decca Records – moving from sister label Mercury Classics.
Tori Amos’ autumn European tour kicks off on 6 September in Ireland, with dates across Europe throughout the month. She arrives in the UK on 4 October for a performance at London’s prestigious Royal Albert Hall, followed by Manchester’s Palace Theatre on 5 October and Glasgow’s O2 Academy on the 6 October.
Tickets go on sale on Friday 28 April at 9am.
Manchester Palace Theatre
Thursday 5 October
Box Office: 0844 871 3019
6. Ireland, Cork – Opera House
7. Ireland, Dublin – Bord Gais
9. Belgium, Gent – Capitole
10. Luxembourg – Luxembourg Den Atelier
11. France, Paris – Grand Rex
13. Holland, Amsterdam – Carre
14. Holland, Utrecht – Tivoli
16. Germany, Frankfurt – Jahrhunderthalle
17. Italy, Milan – Arcimboldi
18. Switzerland, Geneva – Theatre Du Leman
20. Austria, Linz – Brucknerhaus
21. Switzerland, Zurich – Volkshaus
23. Denmark, Copenhagen – DR Concert
24. Norway, Oslo – Konzerthus
26. Germany, Hamburg – Laeiszhalle
27. Germany, Essen – Colosseum
29. Germany, Berlin –Tempodrom
30. Germany, Munich – Philharmonie
1. Austria, Vienna – Konzerthaus
4. UK, London – Royal Albert Hall
5. UK, Manchester – Palace Theatre
6. UK, Glasgow – O2 Academy
For all ticket and on-sale details, please visit www.toriamos.com
The post Tori Amos announces 15th album ‘Native Invader’ & World Tour appeared first on God Is In The TV.